Friday, June 11, 2010

Refreshed with the coolness

I hate doing exercises.
This is a natural aptitude kind of a thing.
I hate it and I'm bad at it.
And this kind of my exercising philosophy supports my daily routine, which composed of the complete laziness.
I hadn't done any work out since like.. last march, I guess?
Of course, I still hadn't done much exercises before march, either.. especially with three hours of round trip commuting thing.
I had no time to consider that kind of a fancy thing.

But from few days ago..
You know how the weather's like these days.. I mean.. this time of the year.
I was literally like the brown dog with no motivated eyes with long ears lying on the carpet as if he doesn't want to do anything in life.. although.. even midst of that laziness, I almost pushed myself to go to bookstore. (Good thing I did that for myself, at least.)

But other than that, I was staring at my computer monitor.. see what's going on with the world.. just checking the same things that I'd normally do.
I kept making an excuse of the hot and relaxing weather for not doing particualr activities.

Today.. I felt like.. I needed to do 'something' for my own.
So! I made me stand up and pack my bathing suit, bathing goggles, towels and stuff.
I know.. this sentence sounds so easy going, but it is not!
Until a person really gets to transform that, from a thought or simple plan into 'actual' practices.

Yea.. So I did and went to LA fitness.. (I know. sounds fancy, haha)
asked for a guest pass and just.. swam today.

It felt good, actually..
Immersing my tired body into indoor detergent smell-like pool.
The water temperature wasn't that cool as I was expecting for..
But it was cool.. I mean.. not in that temperature way.. but.. cool.. as how I felt.

Speaking about my swimming experience, I couldn't even float on a water until I was 16? 17?
But then I happened to have the desperate reason to learn swimming regardless of my intention, because the high school I went.. they have this graduation requirement, that 'every' students need to pass the swimming exam.
So, for a year, I had got to learn how to swim, from two teachers who were feeble builds of two boy students in my grade.
One of em was in my chem. and! chorus.
He had a boyfriend, who goes to college at that time.
Anyhow, these two boys taught me how to swim.
I was placed in the basic swimming class with one other student, that's why.

While other kids were already swimming professionally and splashing water with their feet forcibly, I was holding either one of faint boys' hands or an unreliable sponge type tool so tight and was risking my life.

End of that year.. it was that exam time.
I was nervous.
Worrying what if I don't get to receive a high school diploma or something, I dived into the deep water and was happended to finish the entire long swimming course, which consisted of freestyle and backstroke(not even a backstroke. It's similar, but wayyy simpler version, you know what I'm talking about. Cause we didn't have enough time to learn the backstroke, so we just kind of skipped it and tried to mimic the way as possibly could.)
With no breathing.
I just put my head down under the water and kick water with no specific way to move forward.

Whether I breathe or not for those few minutes, that wasn't important.
What's important were that I passed the exam and I graduated.. high school.. lol

But guess what.
When I get to swim in case, I always still use that 'technique' for my entire swimming process since then. Even for today, too.
Yes, right. I called that as a 'technique', haha.
Swimming with no breathing is kind of a technique to me. lol
It perfectly works out for me.
So.. I couldn't ask more, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment