Monday, June 7, 2010

Escape

I'm finally done with LT's book.
Gosh, I feel like I just accomplished something great that I had been procrastinating for many months, haha. (still true. lol)

First of all, I really have to say that this book was a true escape.
from all of my worries.. and certain part of reality, which I wanted to avoid facing it.

This book taught me that.. the story still can be enjoyeable, while it doesn't have any major conflicts or climax at all.
Also, this book allowed me to taste the fresh smell of the book pages.


Most of all..
I realized that.. I can perceive someone totally different ways, comparing the time when I had known her for four months as a teacher who had motivated me, to the present moment when I just finished reading her book.

Now.. I get to feel her.. more personally..
I had never imagined that she was.. this type of person when I sit on her class.
I just thought that she was funny, motivating, well-teaching and articulate.

Now I read what's in her mind and her brain.
She was a Black woman who wanted to be loved more than anyone else.
She hated it when being challenged by her integrity.
She was a person who wanted to discover her route and origin so badly.. courageous enough to challenge herself to take an adventure to a remote country, where it takes 60 hours of flying, Spain.
She wanted to define who she was.
And she seemed like she did..
Love the ending.

Although I know that I already disappointed at her for not responding to my last, personal e-mail.. I have to admit that her book.. and she... taught me something great again.
that.. this is the type / style of writing that I want to write.. whether for my future career or what not.
It's just that.. she as a writer.. could have stuck to my heart.. if she typed a single sentence and sent to me.

And thanks to LT's mom for giving me a lesson.
"Passion requires sacrifice"

But I loved the way how LT talked back to her mom.. much more.

"I wasn't afraid to sacrifice. Writing is my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment