Friday, August 27, 2010

Kids

Three girls and a boy came up to the register with their mom, as if baby ducks following their mom.
They all carried the bags that are bigger than their body size.

They were so adorable.
Suddenly.. I was being all wrapped up in my childish nostalgia.
Seeing those kids, like young, fresh green leaves, I became feeling optimistic.
My smallest linear eyes were turned into the seemingly generous eyes.
I became too much captivated when their mother told me that one of the kids is going to be 6th grade in elementary school, the last year of the elementary memory.

That girl had to bring the other bag, because the one that she brought doesn't have a price tag on it.
The bags were exactly same design, but somehow the one that she had it in first time seemed better to me.
I peeled off the return label sticker with my plain nail from the bag I already scanned.
Then I put the sticker to the bag that she originally chose.
It was to save me from her potential disappointment.

As they leave me, I waved a hand, like drawing a colorful rainbow.
"I hope you make good memories!!"
I have no idea where this idea came from, but I shouted it anyway.

They glanced back for few seconds.. and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment