Friday, June 15, 2012

What Alice Forgot


 What has occurred to you in the last 10 years?
For me, I came to U.S, went to high school, college, then my family moved into a new home that we bought. And I also did a horrendous job search. 
How much do you think, a person can change over a decade?
And where do you see yourself 10 years from now? (sounds very much like a job interview -.-;;;)

Here's Alice, who has gone from a sweet, innocent 29-years-old woman to a peevish, anxious 39-years-old married woman who has three children.
She just filed a divorce on her husband, Nick.

After Alice fell and hit her head in a spin class at gym, she lost 10 years of her memory.
Will lost of her memory affect on her life positively? or.. negatively?
Viewing her 39-years-old life stage in 29-years old's perspective seemed very personal and touching.
Alice wants to neglect the type of person she has become, which she had admired 10 years ago.  
Alice's normal everyday life isn't that normal anymore. 

Even though the sentences were flawlessly smooth, the only thing I have to criticize about this novel is that Elizabeth and Frannie's letters to somebody were a little space-consuming contents.
But other than that, I loved the human in What Alice Forgot. I adored Dr. George Clooney and Alice with lost memory at the beginning lol So cute.

What Alice Forgot makes me to connect the bridges of my "past-present-future" and that it also makes me want to live harder.

I can't wait to see Liane Moriarty's another imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment